Sunday 26 July 2015

Vellum tag

When I saw this challenge on Tag You're It I immediately thought of using vellum and embossing it to create a winter scene - I was delighted when the card came out the way I had imagined it!

I'm also going to enter this into 52 {Christmas} Card Throwdown where the July technique challenge is to make a Christmas card with embossing on vellum.

 



   
















Materials used:-
Tag die - Lawn Fawn stitched party banners
Distress inks for card - chipped sapphire, faded jeans and stormy sky
Snowflakes stamps - Stampendous
Sentiment - Jolly Holly Days from Simply Homemade magazine issue 48

Thanks for visiting my blog - I really appreciate your comments!  Margaret



10 comments:

  1. Wow! your card is stunning Margaret - I love it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you used vellum as your top layer, too, Margaret, which worked beautifully over the tree scene! This is stunning!! Thank you for playing in the TYI Challenge!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas in July and your double vellum tag card! What a beautiful take on my tag. Thanks for joining us at Tag You’re It, Margaret!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely scene! I love how the vellum gives this such a muted look. Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and soft! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tree scene, on vellum, is breath-taking! Such a lovely, elegant tag! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Tag You're It gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very elegant! I love the serene tree scene and the snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your use of vellum and the foggy/dusk effect you've created! It's a true masterpiece of a tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful clean and simple card. I love the way the winter scene is softened by the embossed vellum. Lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool mist! Something unusual, this card is wonderful.
    Regards,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete