Sunday 12 July 2015

One layer birthday card

This week's challenge on Less is More is to make a one layer masculine card.  At one time this would have filled me with dread but now I quite enjoy making one layer cards. For this one, I masked off a panel and then inked this with distress inks before over stamping the watch image.

I am also going to enter this into the Inkspirational challenge #86 which is Grunge - I used earthy colours and I think the watch stamp is grungy!



Materials used:-
Mask - Creative Expressions watch
Stamp - Paperartsy clocks 3
Sentiment - Uniko Studio extra time
Distress inks - broken China and rusty hinge

Thanks for visiting my blog - now pop over to LIM and Inspirational to see what the other participants have created. Margaret

14 comments:

  1. Great classy card with a touch of grunge. Love the stencil you've used. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool one layered masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great masculine card and I love the colours that you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Amazing masking and stencilling Margaret
    Super effective technique and a great card for the guys
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. I apologise for my lack of comments over the past couple of weeks, but I'm now back from my cruise and ready for visiting once more!
    This is brilliant Margaret, I love the colour palette you used.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful and I've been wondering what to do with those watch stamps I have! I hope you don't mind that I plan to CASE this. I don't have a stencil of watches but I'll substitute something to make the panel. I also like the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful technique and images and I love the colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful LIM card.
    Greetings from Veerle

    ReplyDelete
  9. olc's are hard to do but yours is beautiful and grungy but cas.
    Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the masking and inking. Such a crisp look and design. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super masculine card Margaret!
    Thank you for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete