Sunday 26 April 2015

Muse butterfly

This card was inspired by Marion Vagg's lovely card on Muse. Using the die cut in this way was a new technique for me which I decided to copy. I tried to keep my card CAS and resisted the temptation to add any embellishments! I inked the panel with 3 shades of distress ink which I then spritzed with perfect pearls to get the colours to blend.





I am going to enter this into this week's Muse challenge and also CASology where the cue word is Ombré.

Materials used:-
Butterfly die - Stampin Up butterflies thinlits die
Sentiment - Tim Holtz alterations thinlits celebrate set
Distress ink - tumbled glass, broken china, mermaid lagoon
Perfect pearls mist
Linen card

Thanks for popping by - I really appreciate your comments. Margaret

4 comments:

  1. Love the variations in the sponged panel and the delicate sentiment die! So glad you joined us at Muse and CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely and beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely and beautifully CAS x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola Margaret, thank you for your comment.
    Really elegant card, i like the sponge background on your panel,beautiful sentiment die.
    Hugs from Palma

    ReplyDelete