Monday 16 February 2015

You're too kind

The current challenge at AAA cards is to use the colour orange - this is a welcome relief from pink! To make my card I masked off part of the card with post it notes and then inked through the Gothic mask. I saw this effect on Birgit's blog and thought it was a good way of using masks while keeping the design CAS. After stamping the flowers I felt they were a little bland so I watercoloured them with distress inks.



I am also entering this card into Addicted to CAS where the code word is MASK

Materials used:-
Tim Holtz Gothic mask
Stamp - Stampendous Agapanthus cluster
Sentiment - Stampin' Up Too Kind set
Distress inks - dried marigold, spiced marmalade and rusty hinge
Black archival ink and Colorbox chalk ink Pumpkin spice
Stampin' up card - very vanilla

Thanks for visiting my blog - I really appreciate your comments. Margaret

10 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful card. I just love what you did thanks for joining in over at ATCAS AND AAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the effect of the mask!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design and great job with masking! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Margaret!! the Agapanthus!!! What a beautiful card...One of my favorite stamps, and I don't use it often enough! You are the second person to draw me to this challenge today - must be fate 'cuz I do love orange!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, this melts my heart, Margaret! Fabulous masking and fabulous design and lovely (nonpink) coloring! Altogether sensational!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is spectacular! Awesome colors! Love the overall design of the card and awesome job with the masking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is spectacular! Awesome colors! Love the overall design of the card and awesome job with the masking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely colour combination, Thanks for joining us at ATCAS, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of pretty detail, while you managed to keep the card beautifully CAS. Nice masking! Thanks for joining in with AAA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a delicate card. It can be so hard to do this when orange is the color of the day! Very nice work :0)

    ReplyDelete