Thursday 4 December 2014

Smile!

I was inspired to make this card by the code word DOTS at the challenge over at Addicted to CAS this week. I used some dotty paper for the background, machine stitching around the panel to echo the stitching on the circle.  I gave the butterfly an extra vellum layer - I've started using vellum again as I like the effect it creates.




Materials used:-
Circle die - Lawn Fawn stitched party banners
Butterfly die - Sizzix butterfly framelits
Dotty paper - download from Mad about Cards
Sentiment - Uniko Studio Fontiments Birthday
Ink - Archival cobalt
Vellum and pearls from stash

Thanks for visiting my blog.

6 comments:

  1. This is so elegant and so perfectly CAS, thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the dots on the butterfly really work well. Love the whole look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous CAS design Margaret! Love the dotty paper and the stitching you've added to the frame to mimic the circle die-cut. The vellum layer really softens the look of the butterfly --- sooooo pretty!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, Margaret! Love the use of vellum here! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dotty card is CASlicious, Margaret, and it made me do just that - smile!! In addition to the clean and simple style, I, too, love the vellum look. And I've enjoyed scrolling back through your older posts since it's been a while. Really excellent cards!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet and simple! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATCAS :)

    ReplyDelete